Tuesday, May 19, 2009

'The Limits of Control' A Movie

I don't watch that many movies, but I recently watched one after a description of the movie posted outside the theater caught my eye.

'The Limits of Control' is a film by Jim Jarmusch that is currently playing at the Uptown in Minneapolis, MN. Is it good? Let me put it this way. You might like the movie if (a) you think reality is a completely fleeting and imagined experience and like movies that tell you that over and over, (b) you have a healthy liking for the writer Frederich Nietzsche, or (c) you can get entertained by being prodded to wonder questions like, What good are the ethics of our day if they contribute to the least ethical actions we can imagine?

In the end, the movie itself wasn't as good as the language describing it. Save time, just read this synopsis:

Plus, I wonder if the answer the movie gives to all its questions isn't cliche by now. I mean, the moral-less world in which we live is the theme of just about every movie nowadays, right? Tell me if I'm wrong. I don't watch that many movies.

No comments: