Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Funny blogs: Palin sends "little starbursts through the screen and ricocheting around the living rooms of America."

Usually I like to read blogs for the comments that follow. Sometimes the comments are smarter than the initial post, sometimes they are way off topic, sometimes they are downright strange. A few weeks ago I read one of the latter. I know I am behind the curve on this one; two weeks is a lifetime in blogtime. But I just love this blog post by Rich Lowry at the National Review. The strangest thing is, the comment was was not by a nobody commenter. Rich Lowry is the editor of the magazine.

Lowry's post was in response to Sarah Palin immediately after her VP debate performance. I think he is in love. If he wasn't talking about a potential vice-president of the US, and if he weren't a respected conservative political commentator, his post could even be called cute and cuddly.

Projecting through the Screen [Rich Lowry]

A very wise TV executive once told me that the key to TV is projecting through the screen. It's one of the keys to the success of, say, a Bill O'Reilly, who comes through the screen and grabs you by the throat. Palin too projects through the screen like crazy. I'm sure I'm not the only male in America who, when Palin dropped her first wink, sat up a little straighter on the couch and said, "Hey, I think she just winked at me." And her smile. By the end, when she clearly knew she was doing well, it was so sparkling it was almost mesmerizing. It sent little starbursts through the screen and ricocheting around the living rooms of America. This is a quality that can't be learned; it's either something you have or you don't, and man, she's got it.

Source.

Can a political commentator say anything that would make a bigger ass of himself?

No comments: